Helps you identify
and validate pros and cons fast - essential data for developing your business
There is no better starting point for the
strategic business planning process than a situational SWOT analysis.
SWOT stands for “strengths,
your internal strengths and weaknesses against your external opportunities
and threats is essential for sound strategic planning.
The BusinessPlans-USA SWOT analysis guide provides you with an easy-to-follow
methodology that enables you to determine quickly where you stand, which
are your best options, and what you need to do to get to where you want
to go. It does so by showing you how to bring together key people who
will impact your business (employees, suppliers, etc.) to isolate and
prioritize each critical issue that will either enhance or impede the
success of your business. It also provides many advantages that other
methods do not offer.
A SWOT analysis:
1. Encourages brainstorming because of its
focus group nature.
1. What one person says triggers other thoughts
and soon all
1. participants are adding new ideas.
2. Uncovers critical issues and sparks creative solutions that
1. might not be accessible from information
1. interviewing individuals one-on-one.
3. Promotes teambuilding and policy buy-in. When a group
1. examines issues together, everyone is
part of the team, hence
1. more likely to buy into the proposed plans
4. Provides a realistic baseline from which to compare to
1. objective data and measure current status,
1. or need for change.
Investors look favorably on this kind of upside, downside self-examination
as a precursor to your business plan because it prevents the one thing
they dislike most: unexpected
surprises that can be deal killers.